5 Shocking Health Issues Caused By Toxic Black Mold
Did you know that some molds can be more poisonous to you and your body than pesticides? It has been shown that many homes in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs or Naples have mold in them; up to 25%. Everyone is at risk for mold poisoning. It doesn’t matter your age, gender, or the climate you live in – mold can be there.
Mold causes many of different health issues. It can even be deadly, despite what some people say. Some people aren’t as sensitive to mold as others are, but mold does cause health issues. Some of these include:
- Rash – Some people are allergic to mold which can then cause a rash to appear on their body. In severe cases, mold can cause inflammation in your throat. It is not rare for mold to make rashes and hives appear.
- Cough – Mold spores are very light and travel by air. It is very easy for mold spores to be inhaled. When they are inhaled, it creates irritation in the lining of your throat, causing you to cough.
- Sore Throat – If you are allergic to mold, a sore throat is your body’s way of defending itself from the allergen. Your immune system sees the mold as a threat and your throat can inflame in response. Inhaling the mold spores can also cause a sore throat. The mold spores can cause irritation in your throat, lungs, and airways.
- Asthma – Mold doesn’t necessarily cause asthma, but mold can bring on asthma attacks in people with asthma. When exposed to mold, the person’s symptoms will get worse. You may experience more asthma attacks, a very tight chest, and the attacks will seem longer than usual.
- Fatigue – Exposure to mold can make it hard to breathe for people who have pneumonia or other respiratory problems. The difficulty in breathing can make you feel tired.
Some of these symptoms are very common if you’ve been exposed to mold in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs and Naples. Others are rare. Most people who have experienced an exposure to mold get a rash, cough, or a sore throat. It is very common for people with asthma to have an increase in asthma attacks. It’s not as common though for you to feel tired.
If you’ve been exposed to mold and are experiencing any persistent symptoms, or even if any of your symptoms are not listed here, you should go see a doctor. You will need immediate treatment and the quick eradication of the mold. It is very important that you listen to what your doctor tells you to do. People have died from too much exposure to mold.
Mold allergies vary in every person. Some people may not be affected at all. Others may experience year-round symptoms caused by mold, or they may only experience discomfort during certain times of the year. Usually those symptoms will occur in the wetter months.
In conclusion, mold can be dangerous to people of all ages. If you suspect that any of your symptoms are caused by mold you’ve come in contact with, alert your doctor.