Do I Need a Mold Test or Inspection?
If you suspect that you have mold in your home, it is very important that you have a mold inspection. Mold can cause sickness, so it is very important that you get the problem fixed. To properly inspect your home for mold in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs and Naples, you need to know where to look. Just follow these tips.
Where to Find Mold
- Check places that are full of moisture. For mold to grow it needs moisture, so this should be the first places you look for mold. Make sure you look in locations such as under your sinks and showers.
- Check for places that have recently been damaged with water. Have you recently had any floods? If so, check the location of the flood. Check your water pipes too. Have you recently had a water pipe burst? If the water was not cleaned up properly, that’s where you may have a mold problem.
- Check your ceilings and wall cavities. The spacing between the walls are a great place for mold to hide, especially since they’re sealed off and trap moisture. Sometimes piping may drip, too, which will add more moisture between your walls. Mold growing in these areas will continue to spread so it’s very important that you find it before it starts to become visible.
- Check your shower curtains. When you shower, dirt and shampoo mix, and leave a residue behind that is a perfect place for mold to grow. Unless you wipe down your shower curtain after each shower, there will be extra moisture that will allow for mold to grow.
- Check your household air ducts. If your house has central cooling or central heating, your vents will experience fluctuations in moisture. Because of the mixture between hot and cold, moisture tends to collect on and in the drain pans. The vents will then become a prime location for mold to grow.
How to Check for Mold
Hire a professional mold inspector in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs or Naples. A professional will have a variety of different instruments and equipment used for detecting mold. Before hiring a professional, check with your state’s contractor-licensing board to ensure that they’re licensed to remove mold.
Check the infected area often after cleaning. If there was mold underneath your bathroom sink, check that area regularly. If you find that the mold has reappeared after the cleaning, the cleaning was not effective, and you need to get that area cleaned again.
Inspecting your home in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs or Naples for mold is very important. You need to know where to look, and how to get rid of mold if you find it. Leaving the mold where you find it could potentially put someone’s life at risk if the mold problem is not fixed immediately.
At iMold.us in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs and Naples, we provide you with a free mold inspection upon request. We want you to be confident that the final determination of a mold problem is based on unbiased mold testing. These trusted 3rd party professional companies have specialized training by top credentialing associations for mold testing.
The certified companies we recommend are highly experienced with the knowledge and equipment to properly analyze and document losses related to mold and moisture conditions.