Here are Four Signs You Need Mold Removal in Fort Myers, FL. We’ve all seen mold growth on food that’s sat a bit too long in the refrigerator. It’s white, brown, yellow, green, or pink, sometimes black, and is usually always fuzzy. It’s not hard to identify.
Mold is a general term for a broad range of fungi. Molds are very helpful as they create antibiotics and help make beer and wine and food, such as cheeses and breads. And, molds help break down garbage – without them, we’d be overwhelmed in it.
Mold spores are all around. They are microscopic, so we don’t see them. Mold spores like dampness, and when they find it, they will land on it and rapidly grow. And, if that dampness is in a home, on furniture, on the walls, in carpets, it can cause a lot of damage and pose health risks.
Many people live with mold infestation and never realize it until it actually affects their health. And, at that point, removal may be costly and extremely difficult. If you even suspect you have mold in your home, you should have a professional evaluate it for immediate removal.
Here are four signs that indicate you may have mold in your home:
- A Recent Water Event: A recent storm, hurricane, or even extremely humid weather could trigger the growth of mold spores.
- Discoloration: Mold growth almost always discolors its host, be it food or drywall. It is often black, but can also be white, red, gray, and even pastel colored. And, again, it’s almost always fuzzy.
- Odor: Some molds leave a distinct, musty odor. Some do not, so the lack of odor doesn’t mean there isn’t mold. Some homes, too, have a musty odor if they’ve been uninhabited for a while, so the odor doesn’t necessarily mean mold is present.
- Human Health Effects: Are people in the area having allergic reactions, increased asthma symptoms, respiratory problems, or other symptoms while in the building, but then feel better when they’re away from the building? Such could indicate mold infestation.
If you notice any of these signs or even suspect the presence of mold, once again, seek the advice of a professional. Ignoring the problem could lead to more serious issues that you may never be able to properly fix.