Feeling lousy? You might have a toxic mold infestations. As scary as that sounds, we can help you get your home back to normal, and get you on the track to healing. Here are the symptoms to watch for:
Constant runny nose and/or congestion – Feel like you’ve always got a cold or allergies? That could be caused by exposure to mold in your home.
Respiratory ailments like coughing, wheezing and tightness of the chest – People with asthma might be especially susceptible to this symptom.
Scratchy or sore throat that just doesn’t go away – This could also be a symptom of general allergies, but if it sticks around for a really long time and isn’t helped by allergy meds, it could be mold.
Basically, if you feel like you’ve had a mystery cold or ailment for a long time, you might have mold in your house. Infants are particularly susceptible to developing respiratory problems from prolonged mold exposure. In addition, people who already have compromised immune systems can get serious fungal infections from being in a place with too much mold.
One new area of study in the health effects of mold is something called Mycotoxin Toxicity. It is said to cause neurological problems, however, it is highly unlikely that you would come in contact with the amount of mold you would need to be exposed to in order to develop this, even if you have toxic mold in your home.
These details address the reasons why it is so important to contact us if you think you have mold growing in your house. Mold can turn from an annoying problem into a serious one, so if you are located in one of the south Florida communities we serve, and you think you have mold, give us a ring.