One brand of sippy cups, spill proof cups for kids that have a spout to drink out of instead of just an opening, is getting into some trouble because of mold problems. Kids and elderly people are most susceptible to mold sickness, and you definitely don’t want mold to get into a kid’s drink, when they are at crucial stages in brain and body development. The brand with the alleged mold problem is known as Tommee Tippee and parents who are outraged have started sharing pictures of moldy sippy cups all over social media.
The mold is allegedly growing in the anti-leak spouts of the cup, which don’t often get checked. One parent says his child was sick persistently and no one could figure out why, he believes it was because of this mold problem. Parents seem to think that that problem is that whether you wash it by hand or in the dishwasher, moisture always stays in this anti leak spout, since it is designed to never let anything through. However, the company says that the mold could be caused by parents using non-recommended liquids in the special cups like warm liquid, thick liquids or pulpy liquids.
Whatever the case, it’s important for parents to read all the information about products for their children because you never know what regulations or advice companies might give to parents that could be important for your children’s health. Parents should always check toys with openings and things that come into contact with your kid’s food and drinks for mold. If you can’t scrub every part of you kid’s cups, you should probably go with another one, or risk a mold problem like this one.
Get $100 Off
Your Next Mold Remediation or Water Damage iMold Service
Your information is 100% secure with us and will never be shared.
- 6900 Daniels Pkwy Ste 29-372
Fort Myers, FL, US, 33912