Mold thrives in environments that are warm and humid, just like where we live here in Fort Myers. Tactics like using a dehumidifier, a humidistat and taking care of leaks and water damage as soon as possible can help to reduce your risk of a mold infestations, but so can regular professional cleanings of your property, because mold likes to eat organic material for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That dead skin that falls on your carpet is prime mold food. All it would take to make it thrive is a little too much moisture (even as little as 55% humidity can be an ideal growing environment,) and you would have a mold problem on your hands.
Here are types of cleaning we recommend to reduce your risk of mold infestations:
Carpet cleaning – getting your carpet professionally cleaned removes much of the organic materials that could be a meal for mold – as well as making your carpets look very nice! Steam cleaning carpets removes stains and gives your house a fresh feeling.
Tiles and grout – this is one area that is notorious for getting moldy. It can be hard to really get into the cracks between each and every tile to fully remove mold and bacteria. Having a professional do this once in awhile is a good idea.
Upholstery – cleaning your upholstery is important for the same reasons as cleaning your carpet. It gets rid of all of that organic material that mold could feed on. Just be careful to use the right products because different materials have different limits!
Drapes and shades – this is one area that often gets overlooked for cleaning, however, this is a place that is a heaven for anything that causes people allergies including dust and mites.
Ducts – your ducts need to be cleaned by a professional every so often. Studies show that filters only remove 10% of allergens from air that is circulated through your home, so the other 90% is just passing around dust, bacteria, mold spores, mites and other gross things that you don’t even want to think about.
Luckily for you, we offer all of these services professionally at iMold. Whether you have already had damage which requires these cleaning services or you just want to prevent the potential for mold damage and allergens, give us a call for all of your professional cleaning needs in the Fort Myers area.
Get $100 Off
Your Next Mold Remediation or Water Damage iMold Service
Your information is 100% secure with us and will never be shared.
- 6900 Daniels Pkwy Ste 29-372
Fort Myers, FL, US, 33912