Not many people have had experience with finding mold in their homes, and once the discovery is made, may be worried about what will happen next. Finding a professional to come inspect your home is the fastest way to locate the mold, and remove it safely without spreading it or ensuring it will come back. When a professional arrives, they will:
- Check for water leaks – Water is usually a sure sign that there is mold somewhere in the vicinity. Checking for leaks is the easiest way to pin point where mold is most likely located.
- Thermal imagining scan is conducted – By testing the temperatures of an area, professionals can see tiny details that indicate there’s a greater problem at hand, such as water damage. Scanning your home means no inch is left unexamined.
- A moisture meter is used – Because water is such an indicator of mold growth, checking the moisture levels in different parts of the home will help give professionals further clues to what is going on behind the scenes.
- Samples are taken – Samples taken from questionable areas of the home are sent off to a lab to get tested. A lab technician will confirm the presence of mold spores, and send back information regarding what they find.
Knowing where the mold is located is the first step to removing the hazards that are promoting its growth, as well as getting on the right track to removing the mold safely, and repairing the area. Professionals are able to look beyond the surface to determine where mold growth is located, as well as how extensive the damage is so that the next step can be taken.
Get $100 Off
Your Next Mold Remediation or Water Damage iMold Service
Your information is 100% secure with us and will never be shared.
- 6900 Daniels Pkwy Ste 29-372
Fort Myers, FL, US, 33912