Nothing can cause damage to a home quite like mold can. When assessing your home, it’s important to look for signs that show you may have mold currently growing, or soon to grow in any area of your house. Some conditions that are conductive to mold growth include:
– Leaks within your home – Mold only takes two to three days to begin growing in an area that is wet. Check for leaks, and quickly repair and dry any areas that may have been damaged. If you have an area of your home that has been wet for more than two days, hire a professional to check it for mold growth, and have it professionally dried.
– Potted Plants – The damp dirt that helps plants grow also promotes mold growth. Check them periodically for signs of mold.
– Poor quality or dirty air filters – Having an air filter that is either dirty or of poor quality just means it’s only a matter of time before you begin spreading mold spores around your home. This level of prevention also means cleaning and servicing your air conditioner regularly.
– Not using fans in humid rooms – This includes bathrooms used for showers, or any room of the house that gets humid from time to time. Running a fan to get rid of the humidity is key to keeping mold growth down.
– Set you fans to on – If you simply keep your fans on, you only ensure that the air is flowing. Changing it to “auto” means you’ll also keep the room a healthy temperature.
Get $100 Off
Your Next Mold Remediation or Water Damage iMold Service
Your information is 100% secure with us and will never be shared.
- 6900 Daniels Pkwy Ste 29-372
Fort Myers, FL, US, 33912