Some students and James Madison University recently had a mold scare. Before leaving for winter break, four students noticed mold in the bathroom of their dorm. They cleaned it up and left for break. When they came back, the mold had come back with a vengeance. Now, this mold was black in color, leading the students to believe that it was the dreaded black mold that can cause serious health problems. However, these students panicked and started rumors on campus that their dorm room was poisoned with black mold, causing a bit of an uproar. When you get mold, it’s important to stay calm and not panic so you can deal with the problem in a level headed manner.
However, the university work staff was called in to clean up the mold and investigate why it kept coming back. They found, as the initial problem, that a bad exhaust pipe was at fault, which wasn’t sucking as much warm moist air out of the bathroom as intended. This exhaust problem also led to a buildup of dust throughout the whole building. They found that the whole problem was actually caused by upgrading the building to get new windows. Without the draft that used to come in through the old windows, the air wasn’t moving around as much and moisture couldn’t dry as well. This just goes to show how easy it is for mold to build up any time you change something about your home or office.
Luckily, these students had competent facility managers to clean up their mold problem. Since you’re probably not on a college campus, when you find mold in your home, you’d have to call us here at iMold to remedy your mold problems here in South Florida. We will work with you to figure out the root cause of your mold problems so they don’t occur again. As you can see, mold problems can stem from problems that you haven’t even thought about yet!
Get $100 Off
Your Next Mold Remediation or Water Damage iMold Service
Your information is 100% secure with us and will never be shared.
- 6900 Daniels Pkwy Ste 29-372
Fort Myers, FL, US, 33912