When there is a mold problem, some people would do just about anything to get rid of it without calling in a professional. They might feel that a mold professional is too expensive, or that a mold professional just isn’t worth all the trouble. That is absolutely not true. It will be much more expensive in the long run to keep living with mold. If you haven’t already, you will develop health problems and likely incur high medical bills, in addition to eventually not really being able to live in your own home anymore.
One thing that many people try to use to kill mold are UV lamps. According to the EPA, UV lamps and UV light do kill some types of mold, but not all. This is because the UV cleaning units that are available to consumers are not powerful enough to kill all of the types of mold that might be growing in your HVAC unit or other areas of your home. If you do call in a mold remediation professional, they might use UV light as one of the many methods used to combat mold in your home, but it is definitely best to leave this process up to the professionals.
While UV lamps have been shown to kill some mold and bacteria, you can’t rely on a consumer unit to effectively clean mold and bacteria. Don’t try to take care of a mold problem on your own, it’s always a good idea to call in a professional, especially since we are in the humid and hot community of south Florida where mold problems can run rampant if they are allowed to continue once discovered. Call a mold expert as soon as you see a sign of mold!
Get $100 Off
Your Next Mold Remediation or Water Damage iMold Service
Your information is 100% secure with us and will never be shared.
- 6900 Daniels Pkwy Ste 29-372
Fort Myers, FL, US, 33912