People who have had problems with toxic mold exposure could be even more sensitive to the same variant of mold which infested their home and caused their initial exposure. This makes traveling a gamble, because you never know where mold is lurking and re-exposure can cause a return of symptoms and ruin any vacation. In general, it’s not safe for anyone to be exposed to toxic mold, so if you see something on your trip, it’s best to say something.
You probably won’t find too much mold in a hotel, but if you do, placing a call to the front desk might get you a room change. The places where you will more likely find mold are cabins and vacation rental homes, which are places that have the same conditions to regular homes, with the added disadvantage of not being occupied all of the time.
When you get into your cabin or vacation rental, check places that might be mold prone if you are concerned. These places would include under sinks and pretty much anywhere in the bathroom. If in a rental with a kitchen, check anyplace that water is present. If a place smells musty or damp, that’s a sign there may be mold.
If you are staying somewhere that you see mold present, what can you do? Well, it really depends on the place. If you’re staying in a cabin that is part of a property with groups of cabins, you may be able to switch accommodations, however, with vacation rentals there is usually only one option. If you are dissatisfied due to mold, the best thing to do might be to just get out as soon as you can, and worry about refunds later. Your health is more important.
Get $100 Off
Your Next Mold Remediation or Water Damage iMold Service
Your information is 100% secure with us and will never be shared.
- 6900 Daniels Pkwy Ste 29-372
Fort Myers, FL, US, 33912